Thursday, May 8, 2014

Technically I didn't drink beer....

I was raised Catholic, not so much a practicing Catholic these days.  But during Lent I don't eat meat on Fridays & this year I actually gave something up for lent...

This year I gave up beer.
Let me tell you, that was a long 40 days.

I am a huge fan of beer.  I like all different kinds of beers, except IPA's...I just can't do all the hops.  I felt like I was consuming a bit too much beer recently.  So when my best friend decided to give it up for Lent (by the way, she is NOT Catholic, lol)  I decided to join her.  I must say it is always easier to give things up with someone.  We have really helped each other.

Giving up things & sticking to it has never really worked out for me.  I am proud to say we didn't have a single beer.  I made it through my Girls Weekend with no beer, even though that strawberry ale was calling my name!

As I have mentioned before, I am an Independent Party Lite consultant along with being a stay-at-home momma.  The first of the year, they discontinued their Two Sisters Gourmet line.  So disappointing.



One of my favorite products was the beer bread.  I know those other companies have their own, but I've always leaned towards TSG.  It's not because it was a product I sold, I honestly liked it much better!  And then you serve it with the TSG Outrageously Garlic as a dip.....yummy stuff.  It was always my go to when people were over to watch some Steelers football or even for game night.

For my weekend away with the girls, I wanted to make beer bread.  Aldi's has their own, but I heard it just wasn't the same.  So while away at the in-laws, I decided to find a recipe!  Little did I know how easy it was.  And with a little Shock Top Belgian beer added, it was perfect! Sure you can use a good ol domestic, but there is something about a craft beer that makes the bread that much better.


Beer Bread
3 C Self Rising Flour
1/3 C Sugar
12 oz Beer
1 Tbsp Butter melted




Preheat oven at 375 degrees
Spray a bread pan with cooking spray
Mix flour, sugar & beer
Pour batter into pan
Top with melted butter...this will prevent the top from burning
Bake for about 35 minutes or until slightly browned on top

This is the perfect "dish" to take to a party or picnic.
Just pair it up with a dip and you are sure to have a crowd pleaser.

No comments:

Post a Comment