Monday, January 13, 2014

What's for lunch?

Being a stay at home mom, it's not all soap operas & bon-bons, if they even make still those.  I am the chef, house keeper, baby sitter, etc..... you get the picture.

One thing I try to do is make sure my husband is fed before he goes to work.  He works most nights so lunch is usually the biggest meal of our day. Trying to come up with different things for lunch is kind of challenging.  My hubby isn't always up for my creations or recipes I find on Pinterest. Add in an almost 3 year old that hasn't fully started to enjoy the spicy side of seasoning, things get real tricky.

I do turn to Pinterest for guidance & ideas often.  But 9 out of 10 times, I am missing at least 2 ingredients.  This is how new recipes are discovered.  I was inspired by my friend's desire to make buffalo chicken stuffed shells.
(Which by the way, I cannot WAIT til she actually makes them.  They look amazing!)

Thinking Buffalo Chicken,  I took a gander in the fridge, cupboards & pantry.  BOOM!

Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese!


2 Cooked Chicken Breast - I boiled mine & shred it
4 C Cooked Pasta - I used Cavatappi, I love the shape
1 C Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 C Shredded Mozzarella Cheese 
1/2 C Blue Cheese Crumbles
1/4 C Milk
1 Tbsp Dry Ranch Seasoning
1 Tbsp Two Sisters Brazen Buffalo Blue Cheese Seasoning
1 C Panko Bread Crumb

*Note-I am missing a few ingredient in my picture

-I sprayed the casserole dish with cooking spray
-Next put all the ingredients, except the bread crumb, into the greased casserole dish & mix together.
-Top with the bread crumb & bake covered with foil for about 15-20 until the cheese is melted.
-Take the foil off & put under the broiler for about 4 minutes, just long enough to make the bread crumbs brown. Be sure to keep an eye on it, that broiler is a beast!







This is one of my new favorite recipes & 
I will definitely be making it again.  
As always, you can make it to your liking.  
Add more cheddar or take out the Blue Cheese.
If my son wasn't eating with us, 
I would have added a little Red Devil hot sauce!

I hope you enjoy this easy lunch casserole 
& have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment