Thursday, June 27, 2013

Sweet & Spicy Pork

It's been so humid here that the thought of the stove, oven or grill just makes me sweat!
I have been trying to utilize my Crock Pot on those hot & sticky summer days.

Recently I have discovered an AWESOME sauce at Costco, 
Robert Rothschild Farm Roasted Pineapple & Habanero Sauce

It is great on everything I have tried it on.  
Shrimp, chicken, pork......it's all good!

With it being another hot one out there, I decided to bust out the crock pot and experiment!
Ingredients:
Pineapples in juice or syrup
2 lb pork tenderloin
Pineapple & Habanero sauce


 I started out with a can of pineapple slices in heavy syrup, I would have preferred juice.  Oh well
I placed pineapples at the bottom of the pot


Next I added the pork loins, each one was about 1 lb.
Then I poured in the syrup from the pineapple. 
I added a small can of pineapple chunks with juice & 
a few jalapenos with about a half cup of the juice from the jar of jalapenos.


I cooked the pork for 3 hours on low, then I put it on high for about 2 more hours.
They don't take very long to cook because they were only 1 pound each.

I tasted it without the sauce & it was sweet with the slightest hint of the jalapeno. 
Mason ended up eating it with BBQ sauce, so it's kid friendly 
before the pineapple & habanero sauce.
Next time I want to spice up the meat while it is cooking.   
I'm thinking I need to  add fresh jalapeno & definitely use pineapple JUICE.

I really suggest you make this Roasted Pineapple & Habanero Sauce 
part of your summer meals, you won't regret it. 
Have a great day & hang in there,  Friday is almost here!






No comments:

Post a Comment